Friday, March 21, 2008


We have finally decided to feed Hazel something other than breast milk. I wanted to feed her something sweet and creamy sort of like breast milk. So, I mashed up some banana until it looked like snot and said "ooooopen uuuup". She was not amused and as the spoon touched her tongue I saw a look of pure fear in her eyes. Why I ask myself am I feeding this person who cannot pick it up with her own hands, does not have teeth to chew it, spits it out and dislikes the experience all together? All of these things working against me and sabotaging my efforts. This stage is such a short amount of time that I am tempted altogether to skip it in anticipation of the day when she can pick up her own glob of food and stick in in her own mouth. Did God really intend for a baby to eat solid food at 6 months? I doubt it.

2 comments:

Bekah said...

Can you say mini-Jill! Oh my gosh! It's incredible. I think you cloned your kids.

I went back and forth on the solids thing. I think the more important aspect of startin solids is the texture more than anything. I've read about babies who were not given enough chances early enough to eat solids and who refuse them all together and then do not gain enough. Who knows. Have fun!

Jill Abetti said...

Yeah, The last thing I want is a picky eater. I just want her to sleep through the night. That is really my motivation in the first place. She wakes up every night at 1:00 am and 3:00 am. I thought food was suppose to help with that. We'll see.