Friday, March 7, 2008

I've Stopped Dreaming


I don't know why it has taken me this long to blog but I guess it's the inevitable continuum from the old tattered journal. I have the urge to catch you up on things, but I will resist and begin with today. Today I will take risks rather than dream about them. For a long time I have been in a waiting mindset. Waiting to educate my children until I go back to school or waiting to grow my own garden until we have more land or waiting to plant flowers until we own a home. This new beginning has many potentials and the first are these three chicks: Maple, Mable and Model. We will have our eggs in a few months and it will be wonderful. We have had to sort of learn as we go, but hey they are still alive! Yes, we live in the suburbs and yes, we have a small backyard but that won't stop us. I want to begin now living out these dreams.

2 comments:

Bekah said...

Jill,

This is great! I'm so excited to be able to hear more about your lives, my nieces, your creations. Thanks for sharing. I look forward to hearing more!

Love,

Bekah

Annah said...

Wow, you want to hear something strange? Jim just said this afternoon, "Annah, you know what we are going to get in the spring? Chickens." I protested and gave him a grocery list of all the reasons we shouldn't have chickens (who will watch them when we leave? what about the stray cats and other animals who will attack them?) Like your former self, I too put off things for the sake of "later." Thanks for inspiring me to do otherwise. Maybe we will have to get little chicks now: we can name them Josh, Jill, and Jim Junior!
Can't wait to read more--oh and my favorite creation in your slide show is that beautiful white quilt with all the horizontal colors of different lengths. Would love to sleep with that on my bed ;)
Love, Annah