Saturday, April 19, 2008

Where has all the creativity gone?



I think at some point most of my creativity was snuffed out of me. I don't know if this is part of growing up or if the school system does it to us. I can remember painting and coloring almost everyday in 3rd grade, but then it turned to sports and academics. For this reason, art and creativity had become obsolete in my life. The great thing about being a Mom though is that in so many ways I get to be a kid again. There is so much creativity which is innately in our children. This is something we should encourage and nurture through the years. There are also so many opportunities in the home to be creative too. At times I just can't help myself. Whether it be cooking, or meeting basic needs that arise. My friend Kristin and I were talking about how both our babies drool so we decided to make bibs for them. So, here are mine and this is Elizah's latest art piece. I cut a part of it out and made it into a colorful card for a fellow toddlers' birthday.

2 comments:

Kristin Sellars said...

Your bibs are so cute! I will have to email you a picture of the ones I made too :)

Being creative is fun

Jill Abetti said...

Thanks Kristin! I would love to see them.