Tuesday, April 1, 2008


This morning as we ate our breakfast we watched the girls one by one perch up on top of the box. I think it's their way of saying that they need more space. They are so funny. They just sit up there and watch us with curiosity. We have moved them outside during the days but keep them in at night because I think it's still to cold for them. Then I went for a run by the river and made a picnic lunch for Josh. I met him at his work and we went to a park. Picnics are so refreshing. Instead of going somewhere to eat lunch under florescent lights. We lounged on the grass watching all the cars zoom by going to make more money or spend money or whatever. Sometimes we just need to slow down and take a break from rushing or from our "TO DO" lists. I know I struggle with this and become so task oriented. This was a good reminder.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's a picnic? :)

Jill Abetti said...

Well...you have to start out with having grass...ya know, sometimes I fantasize about living in the snow and how many things I would be able to get done because the weather just doesn't permit you to go out all the time. I think "if I was stuck in the house all the time how much I would accomplish". I'm sure this is totally out of tune with reality.

Annah said...

Jill, because of your inspiration we just got three chickens. I will have Jim post a picture of them on his blog. I keep telling them we should name then Josh, Jill, and Jim Junior but he doesn't like giving them human names. I kept thinking, should we name them "Door" or "Rock" or something? Any advice you have for raising them is appreciated. We have ours in a very very large cat cage with some newspaper and shavings as their floor. We have them up against a window so they can see the great outdoors (since the cage has an actual cage door you can see through) with a heating pad underneath to keep them warm.