Monday, June 16, 2008

We try to give each other alone time and this was my husband's last week. Yes this was his superman sheet when he was probably Elizah's age. Some things never change. I think when he uses it he feels sort of like a baby in his mothers arms; secure. I am so thankful for him. He is an amazing father of our two daughters. He is such a present and intentional father towards them. He plays, changes, disciplines, teaches, prays, cleans, clothes, cooks, reads to, makes them laugh so hard and so much more. I am indebted to this man for all he does for us and am thankful for all he is. Thank you Joshua you are an amazing father!


Summer is officially here!. It is so hot that even I have ran through the little blue elephant sprinkler yelping with joy for the little relief from the heat. We even broke down and bought a kiddie pool. I know, I know, nothing screams suburban track home like a little, blue, plastic kiddie pool. And ever since we bought it I have been struggling with that. Elizah is at the coast with my mother and grandparents for the whole week! This is the longest she has ever been away and I was quite reluctant, but when my mother suggested I would be able to sleep in past 5:15 am I latched on. What can I say? I am a selfish being. It's true though I slept until 8:30 this morning. I have not done that for almost three years. I also want her to be able to spend as much time with her great grandparents as possible. I want her to glean from them (as much as she can at 2 years old) and I want her to remember them. Most children do not have the opportunity to know their great grandparents as she does.

2 comments:

Aaron Sellars said...

I remember that blanket! I always wondered about it, but now thanks to you Jill, I know the truth.

Bekah said...

What a baby!!! And what a flashback! Thanks for the very telling picture Jill.